The first breakfast / brunch restaurant in Amsterdam. Founded in September 1988. Greenwoods Singel is proud to be the original destination for all your breakfast, brunch, lunch and tea desires. On our all day menu you’ll find your English breakfast and brunch classics along with some fantastic lunch options. Of course with plenty of vegetarian and vegan dishes to choose from. Don’t forget the traditional English cream tea with freshly made scones. A pure joy! Situated on the Singel canal in a traditional Amsterdam neighborhood close to the Anne Frank House and Dam Square and just up the canal from the Jordaan . The cute outside terrace gives that real Amsterdam vibe where you feel like a local. So enjoy your Full English Breakfast or homemade burger whilst sipping on a homemade drink or coffee.
Environmental message :
We feel that it is important that Greenwoods does all it can to be as environmentally responsible as possible. To this end we have taken a number of measures to ensure that we reduce our footprint and are actively engaged in taking more as we work through all our products and practices.
If you would like to know more then please ask your server.
- We only use recyclable plastic & paper, kitchen and FOH
- Straws and napkins are by request and are recyclable
- We do not stock bottled or canned products that require long haulage
- we only use locally sourced produce and make as much as we can in house and on premises.
- We have stopped with Avocados due to their excessive water use (70 litres of applied fresh ground or surface water are required to grow one avocado.) and long distance transport issues, Avocados have to travel a long way to get here using fossil fuels all the way. We are using locally grown alternatives. https://sustainablefoodtrust.org/
- We use seasonal and local products to reduce unnecessary transport
- This is a work in progress as we try to progress to net zero for Greenwoods so any advice or help is welcome.
Reservations : please note that we do not take reservations at this venue. However if you want the certainty of a booking we do take bookings at our Keizersgracht venue – a short walk away – so I encourage you to book there
If you are unsure then please call either venue.
1012 VG Amsterdam,
Monday to Sunday 09.00 to 16.00